Hands-on NGS analysis workshop in Bethesda, MD
(Will be offered online)
16th: Summer 2020 July 22, 23, and 24 (online)
1st day: Introduction to NGS and DNA-seq analysis with Galaxy hands-on
9:00 am ~ 12:00 pm Introduction to Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) including library construction and details on Illumina’s technology
1:00 pm ~ 5:00 pm Introduction to DNA-seq analysis with Galaxy hands-on
2nd day: RNA-seq and ChIP-seq analysis with Galaxy hands-on
9:00 am ~ 12:00 am Introduction to RNA-seq analysis with Galaxy
1:00 pm ~ 3:00 pm Introduction to ChIP-seq analysis with Galaxy
3:00 pm ~ 5:00 pm Introduction to command-line with hands-on
3rd day: NGS analysis in command-line with hands-on
9:00 am ~ 10:30 am DNA-seq analysis in command-line with hands-on
10:30 am ~ 2:30 pm RNA-seq analysis in command-line with hands-on
2:30 pm ~ 3:00 pm ChIP-seq analysis in command-line with hands-on
3:00 pm ~ 4:00 pm Single cell RNA-seq analysis
4:00 pm ~ 4:30 pm Brief introduction to other seq's: ATAC-seq, drop-seq, exome-seq, bisulfite-seq, miRNA-seq, Ribo-seq, etc.
4:30 pm ~ 5:00 pm Discussion: How to get started to do NGS analysis by yourself from next week
* The syllabus could be modified by the instructor's discretion at anytime.
$995 Standard fee
$895 for Academia, Students, and Fellows
$895 Early Registration Discount by June 30th
$795 Early Registration Discount by June 30th for academia, students and fellows
➢All early registrants are eligible for 2 free hours of NGS research project consultation, a $700.00 value.
* Inquire for group discounts.
* Space is limited as we will only be taking 20 participants for this program. Early registration discount ends on June 30th, 2020 ($100 per person). Further registration information can be obtained from Mark Nardone at Bio-Trac® Training Programs (301-802-7704), email@example.com, or at the workshop registration page.
Things to Note
- Please bring your laptop. Mac, PC, or Linux will work, Mac is preferred.
- Dr. Sijung Yun is the main instructor.
- We will offer a personal account for full-scale cloud computing service with no additional charge using Amazon Cloud so that students can process real big data by themselves.
- We limit the number of students for each workshop to 20 for high quality education.
- If you require a hotel room reservation, it can be arranged with group discount rate at the hotel in Bethesda where the workshop runs. Ask to firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
This workshop will introduce students with little or no bioinformatics background to bioinformatics analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data, particularly DNA-seq, RNA-seq, and ChIP-seq. The workshop will start with basic information, then move on to hands-on analysis during the lecture hours. Students will be given personal cloud computing accounts to process real big data as an overnight assignment during the workshop. Students are required to bring their own laptop. Mac, PC, or Linux will work, Mac is preferred.
1. 100% tuition refund is available if your registration is cancelled 30 or more days prior to the start of the workshop.
2. 50% tuition refund is available if your registration is cancelled between 4 to 29 days prior to the start of the workshop. You can elect to take a full workshop credit, which will be applied to another NGS workshop.
3. No refund is available if you cancel your registration 3 days or less prior to the start of the workshop. A full workshop credit will be available to you, which will be applied to another Bio-Trac program of similar length.
All cancellations must be received in writing via email to email@example.com during normal business hours (8:30 – 4:30 EST). Those received after hours are time marked for the following day.
In the case of situation number 2 or 3, you must indicate whether you are opting for the full credit alternative at the time of written cancellation. In both cases, all payments will be processed by the start of the initial workshop.